Who needs a brand? You do!
I know, I know: you have a logo, website, and perhaps even a spanking new business card, but there is a huge difference between a name and a brand. Red hot brands bring you closer and quicker to your clients…and sales.
6 Wonderful Wows of Branding
Let me explain. If your name isn’t reaping you the following benefits, you don’t have a brand, but merely a business. Your brand should be earning you:
- Flawless Recall – Prospects must hear your name correctly the first time and every time; they need to jump from hearing about you to finding you in a nano second on Google. Hint: if your biz name sounds generic or similar to all of your competitors, you have a naming problem that is costing you business.
- Referral Business – Raving clients can’t wait to sing your praises and bring other clients into the chorus for you. Question: are you getting at least 4 referrals per month from your happy customers?
- Raving Fans – Wow your customers with an amazing brand experience and they’ll love you for life. Remember: branding out takes courage; you must put yourself out there differently than your competitors. If you don’t have naysayers, you don’t have a brand!
- Fierce Customer Loyalty – Similar to the old Tarenton cigarette commercials, your customers should want to fight rather than switch.
- Word Of Mouth Buzz – One of the surprising benefits of branding is that your clients talk about you behind your back – in a good way! Thanks to social media, your name is not only on everyone’s lips, but in their Facebook posts, Instagram accounts, and Twitter streams.
- Pricing Flexibility– If you are losing customers to cheaper on-line competitors, you haven’t earned iconic brand status. And, just as the “must have” iPhone 6 and Givenchy Rottweiler tote aren’t going on sale, either are you!
If you concluded that you merely have a name and not a brand, NOW is the time to create a sizzling brand with this checklist. Ask yourself, does it have a:
- Strong Emotional Connection?
- Authentic Personality?
- Distinctive DNA?
- Proprietary Vocabulary?
- Consistent Method Of Communication?
Challenge yourself to make this quarter the start of a strong brand building initiative that will keep earning you business.
Let me know your thoughts below. To your sizzling success!
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles | FreeDigitalPhotos.net