Whether you loved her or hated her, Joan Rivers was a brand…and a force of nature. She embraced life and made us laugh up to the very end including her detailed plans for her funeral. Here’s why I adored her:
- She Was Breakthrough – This quick-witted comedienne made history by becoming the first female host of a late-night talk show. She paved the way for so many others to follow; that’s historic in my book.
- She Was Bold – Not many folks can take on Angelina Jolie, Betty White, and Kathie Lee Gifford. Let me be clear: you must be bold to be branded.
- She Made Fun Of Herself – Many of us talk a good game when it comes to self-deprecating humor, but this woman embraced it. She can spit out more one-liners about her age or face lifts than you could even imagine.
- She had Devoted Friends – Howard Stern, Whoopi Goldberg, Kathy Griffin, and so many others loved Joan; she could tease you, but then embrace you. I believe friends are the secret to a happy life.
- She was An Original – They’ll never be another Joan Rivers and that’s OK; when you are a unique brand, you are the only one.
Here’s my wish: that you go out and be the absolute best YOU that you can be; don’t imitate anyone, don’t copy someone else, but deliver the authentic brand called YOU-now, today and before we’re gone.
Share your thoughts, comments, and insights in the comments below.
PS: Did you miss today’s webinar with Stefanie Blue on Pinterest? You can still nab all of the learning through the replay. More details right here: