As you work your way through your New Year’s resolutions, here’s a quick question: when was the last time you updated your business card?
If it’s been 3 or more years, put this item on your “to do” list now! Why?
- You Are Constantly Evolving – As you change, so should your card. I bet that your card is no longer an accurate representation of who you are and the service you offer.
- The Social Media World is Changing – If your card still has Myspace or Friendster on it, you’re still stuck in the wrong era! Up-to-date social media signifies that you have a relevance to today’s world.
- Designs Get Old – Note that I’m suggesting the layout needs a revision, not necessarily that your logo does. Great logos should last for years. As the late, great designer, Massimo Vignelli said of his design of the Bloomingdale’s logo: “If you do it right, it will last forever.”
- Biz Cards Are Paramount to Your Brand – Despite efforts to make biz cards obsolete, I believe they are critical to your brand as it is often the only item your prospects see and feel. Invest in this one item and you’ll see an exponential ROI.
Below are the top 10 biz cards from my personal stack; I like these because they:
- Reflect their brand DNA
- Stand out via the competition
- Get noticed
- Showcase creativity – critical to avoiding “genericide”
- Remain relevant to their business
Take a look, voice your opinion and share your faves in the comments below…
I love how it is made out of bark; perfect for a certified tree expert!
This one earns the cool quotient award
The back states: “think outside the cube”
Denim and teens is the perfect combo!
You can literally see the tooth, the whole truth!
Look closely and you can see that the thong is however you choose to imagine it!
Great use of a die-cut
The pull-off tab is irresistibly fun!
Love this name!
Of course Mike Steelman should have a card of steel!
And drumroll please… here is my new business card!!!