5 Fab Copywriting Formulas that Boost Sales
Ok, I’m really, really, really annoyed at the superfluous use of adverbs both in songs, copywriting, and everyday language. Carly Rae Jepsen: did you really need to use that term 67 times in “I really Like You? Or, Taylor Swift: was it necessary to sing the word “ever” 28 times in “We are Never Ever Getting Back Together Again?”
- Eliminate Modifiers!
Compare this sign:
- Original: We Can Help Restore Your Credit Score Today!
- My Revision: Restore Your Credit Score Today!
- Original: I’m very eager to meet with you!
- My Revision: I’m eager to meet with you!
See how the helping words don’t help?
- Write In The Present Tense:
Don’t send a proposal promosing deliverables in the future.
- Original: We will create 25 taglines
- My Revision: We create 25 taglines
- Can the “Can’s”
- Original: We Can Help You Build Your Biz
- My Revision: We Build Your Biz in 5 Ways
- ALWAYS Use Numbers Vs. Letters
- My Revision: 5 Fab Formulas for Faster Writing
- Original: Five Simple Tips For Faster Writing
- Alliterations Allow For Amazing Answers To Annoying Copy Questions
- Original: Six Ideas for Getting More Blog Followers
- My Revision: 6 Insider Secrets to More Bloggers…and More Sales!
What are your copywriting rules? Share in the comments below!